Attending Serenity Online Meetings and Zoom
Download and install Zoom (see link below) and create a personal account on your desktop or laptop. When installing Zoom on a mobile device you will need to use the corresponding app store. A free version of Zoom is available and there are also paid account options.
To join a meeting, click on the Zoom camera logo under the column titled “Online”in the schedule below for that meeting.
If you have a Zoom personal account installed, click “Allow” when prompted to launch Zoom. You can also logon to your Zoom account, click Join Meeting and enter the Meeting ID which is 6190807244 for all Serenity online meetings.
A Zoom personal account is recommended but not required to attend online meetings. To join meetings without a Zoom account, click “join from web browser” after clicking on the Zoom camera logo in the schedule.
Links for Zoom and a Participants Guide from the Inter-Group of New York (IGNY) with additional details are provided below.
The schedule below has been updated for available in-person and online meetings.
Birthday Night will continue to be held on the last Saturday of each month at 7:30pm as a hybrid meeting.
- If you are receiving your chip in person, please sign up on the birthday board at Serenity.
- If you are receiving your chip online, please sign up using our online birthday board here.
Participant guidelines for attending an online meeting:
We are glad you are here, and ask that you use good judgment and respectful behavior when attending all meetings, in person or online. Serenity does not tolerate inappropriate behavior or disruption in it’s meetings, the guidelines below are intended to prevent this. Thank you for helping us to insure that our online meetings stay true to AA’s purpose and traditions.
- All online participants will be screened through the Zoom waiting room before being admitted into the meeting.
- Once admitted into the meeting, you may be asked some questions by the chairpersons via chat message.
- Non response to questions from the chairpersons could result in removal from the meeting.
- Inappropriate behavior in our online meetings including lewd video, audio or chat messages is not tolerated and will result in immediate removal from the meeting.
- Disruptive behavior may also be reported to the Zoom Safety & Trust team as well as to official legal authorities for further action.
- Please also do not use virtual backgrounds in online meetings as they are distracting to others.
|08:00 p.m.||Big Book Study||Open|
Group Conscience is the first Monday after the third Sunday of the month at 7:15 pm
|06:00 p.m.||Big Book Study||Open|
|12:00 p.m.||12 & 12 Study||Open|
|08:00 p.m.||12 & 12 Study||Open|
|06:30 a.m.||Big Book Study||Open|
|12:00 p.m.||Big Book Study||Open|
|06:00 p.m.||12 & 12 Study||Open|
|09:30 p.m.||Discussion Candlelight||Open||N/A|
|06:30 a.m.||12 & 12 Study||Open|
|08:00 a.m.||11th Step||Open||N/A|
If you have at least 6 months of continuous sobriety, you can sign up to chair a meeting at Serenity either online or at the Club. At the Club, sign up on the chalkboard. For online meetings, sign up at this link: Serenity Online – Chairing
If you have any questions, please send an email to the Serenity OnLine Team (SOT) here.
The SOT committee administers the Zoom group account for Serenity of The Woodlands provided by The Inter-Group Association of New York (IGNY).
Documents for Online Chairs: Please find links below for the current month’s online meeting schedule with designated chairpersons, the chairperson script and the chair guide.
All In-room meetings are non-smoking and non-vaping.
Parking – Please do not park immediately in front of, or behind the building. These spaces are reserved for other tenant customers and deliveries.
Open Discussion Meetings – (Open to alcoholics and nonalcoholics) one member speaks briefly about his or her drinking experience, and then leads a discussion on A.A. recovery or any drinking-related problem anyone brings up.
Closed Discussion Meetings – (For A.A.s or anyone who may have a drinking problem) conducted just as open discussions are, but for alcoholics or prospective A.A.s only.